No Words: Faceless.

travis1

I think you missed my point Olivier. I don't think some people here know a bad photo when they see it. I make weak shots too but I usually try not to post 'em. I'd rather wait for those that are half way decent. It's called editing. There are several nice exceptions, but about half the photos posted on this thread to this point are high school level work. What's worse is their makers don't seem to even be aware of it. What I question in these examples is any need whatsoever for an instrument worthy of a virtuoso, when they could've been just as well shot with a $50 SLR.

Ray, I'm not sure, but I don't think this was meant as a critque session,

especially a wholesale, negative one. Travis is just inserting a little fun

into the forum. The "faceless" criteria is pretty narrow, and any persons'

selection may not represent their finest efforts...but they participate

anyway...all in the spirit of comradary.

Actually, whenever someone makes sweepingly negative comments like

yours', I go straight to their photo.net public folder to see what critera

they use to evaluate their own work. To keep this civil and positive, I

simply urge others that feel slighted by such comments to do likewise.

It's an eye opener.

Ray; Marc is right. I got carried away. I hope I did not offend you.

Marc; As a newbie I'm not fully aware of the etiquette here but I felt that I wasn't posting someone else's work - merely directing attention towards what was posted by the originator.

Marc; You managed to capture the whiteness and the silkiness of the bridal gown in a way that reminds me of some eighteenth century paintings.

Ray, I'm pretty sure most of the posters here are very aware of the quality, or lack of it, ot their

pics. I, for one, am perfectly aware of it. Do not assume that they don't know a mediocre pic

when they see one. The game was just to post a faceless pic, so, I guess many of us have just

picked one out without much thought as to the quality, but more as to does it fit the bill?

Now, as for the camera, I'd rather make a bad pic with a good and fun camera to work with than

make a bad pic with a $50 SLR. Hence Leica (and some others, I confess. ;-) One, fun. Two, I

can't blame it on the equipment.

OK, I knew I'd probably get raked over the coals for what I said. I didn't mean it to be a sweeping negative statement, but it turned out sounding that way. You're right Marc, this wasn't the right thread for the comments I made, I'll reserve them for the appropriate critique next time.

Svante, nice joke. I guess that pretty well takes care of my visual contribution here, didn't even consider that one. ;)