Black Mark on Every Photo

<p>Your black mark looks to me like its a speck of deteriorated light seal that has stuck itself to the corner of the film gate. With a flashlight/torch and a magnifying glass, examine your film gate edge. You'll probably find it quickly, and remove it.</p>

<p>As for the winding issue, I don't use Hassy, so I'm no help there.</p>

<p>The winding problem my be due to improper loading. Make sure the leader is wound to the inside of the takeup reel, and take up the slack by turning the spool. Continuing to turn the spool, line up the arrow in the backing paper with the line in the back. Replace the insert, and finish the takeup using the crank on the outside of the back. The film counter should advance to #1 and the film takeup stop automatically.</p>

<p>If you do all of that and still experience indexing problems, the back may need service. Likewise if there is little space between frames or an overlap, depending on the severity. There is a cam which adjusts the amount of takeup as film accumulates on the takeup spool. (The back is more complicated than it seems.)</p>