<p>I'm using Photoshop CS3 and having problems with bridge. It stops working constantly and closes. Images shot in vertical (portrait) orientation show up as horizontal and must be manually corrected. Is there a fix for this such as uninstall and reinstall or is the program just too old that it's time to upgrade? It is a legal version that I did purchase.</p>

<p>This can be a combination of 2 problems (1) stability of Bridge CS3 and (2) not recognizig the picture orientation. The latter may be a matter of camera settings as well. I'd try to treat them separately, starting with looking at Bridge' settings or eventually re-installing. </p>

<p>Thank you for your response but the problem is greater than just picture orientation. As I try to rename a whole folder of 600 photos, the system shuts down saying "Bridge is no longer working". Very frustrating. Any other suggestions?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Just as an update and to help anyone with same problem in the future, I uninstalled (remember to deactivate so you can reinstall with no problem) and reinstalled. The program did not install properly but after doing the install a couple of times, it finally worked but then Bridge did not work. Found Adobe download for Bridge and some patches and after a few downloads, now the CS3 is working beautifully. Ok, I hope this may help someone in the future.</p>