rare footage

<p>Dear photonet buddies<br>

While taking the photographs of the animals in the forest. I recorded a very rare footage of Kangaroo fight. I was just wondering any suggestions for selling the rights to TV etc.</p>

<p>Vijay</p>

<p>I am not as sure as you seem to be, that this type of footage is 'very rare'.</p>

<p>I think the film? / video? would want to be broadcast quality to attract any meaningful payment for usage rights by a Television Producer and also, there would need to be 'the hook' (the reason) for the usage. (i.e. the 'story').</p>

<p>You might get a broadcast with a credit, (though I doubt any money) on one of those 'good morning' format shows.</p>

<p>I suggest you use the leverage of your connections and professional network within the CSIRO because that might lead to a sale, or at least usage with credit within a Government Agency or a Teaching Institution.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p>Vijay, bluntly but honestly put, your "very rare footage" seems to me to be as 'exciting' as the current federal election campaign in Australia. </p>

<p>If you ever visit the Healesville, Victoria animal sanctuary, you will see endless versions of Australian animals doing exactly what you have (very briefly) described. Kangaroos are territorial, and often indulge in duvh Let's Pretend aggression to repel newcomers to what they see as their areas.</p>

<p>The ABC may be interested in your images as as they often use photography their viewers. Doubtful they will pay you anything much for it, tho. Most submit to them for the exposure. They will publish your name and give you a credit, at least.</p>

<p>Yahoo news may also be interested. One of their editorial hacks can add a provocative heading and copy to it and post it OL as today's latest cosmic event for their audience of suburban 18 year olds to excite themselves over. Again, don't expect payment. At best, maybe a credit. Kangaroos would be a novel departure from the usual endless Yahoo news diet of Kims and Kanyes.</p>

<p>If what I've written seems harsh, well, much of the big bad world of visual media out there, is a very harsh and hard place, even in a laid back culture like Australia.</p>

<p>I wish you success in your new photographic career, but you should seriously consider taking a short course in small business management and marketing before you nail up your shingle as a photographer in Canberra. Your own web site would also seem to me to be a basic requirement of going pro. </p>

<p>Anyway, best of luck. </p>