Help with Photoshop

<p>Hi All,</p>

<p>Normally Photoshop always use the profiles located at the ColorSync folder. However, mine has stopped doing so and use instead an old list of profiles stored somewhere in the Adobe folders. This is a big issue for me because that way I can't use my new custom print profiles - they simply do not appear in the print list notwithstanding they are at the correct ColorSync folder.<br>

I even "deleted" my ColorSync folders and my Photoshop continue to function flawlessly showing the same olf profile list.</p>

<p>My vintage set up is Photoshop 8, OS X 10.4.11. There should be no differences with much more modern set ups.</p>

<p>Please help to resolve the issue</p>

<p>Run the ColorSync utility. It has a pane that will show you every ICC profile on your system, where it resides. As you'll see, some profiles are stored in packages, other's in differing locations. Also run the Profile First Aid if it doesn't show up. Maybe it's zipped or damaged? </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Thank you for reply and for the tips. </p>

<p>Same bizarre behaviour: the ColorSync utility shows some profiles I deleted long time ago from the Finder/Library/ColorSync; at the same time the ColorSync utility doesn't list profiles that are in Finder/Library/ColorSync. </p>

<p>In the end I don't understand is it my PS broken, or my profiles not fully functional? Otherwise the ColorSync utility should register them.</p>

<p>No indication from your reply that you checked both, but there are two Library folders, one in the User folder, and one in the HD folder. Both contain ColorSync folders that contain profiles. Did you check both locations? My printer profiles are in the HD > Library > ColorSync > Profiles. Another thing I've had to do is to restart my computer after installing a profile so it will show up in the proper folders after installation.</p>