Question for Habitual Selfie Takers

Sanford

<p>I glanced at this topic yesterday. Today, I got a promotional e-mail from Fuji ... they now make a color accented "fashion statement" camera with special adaptations for selfies!<br>

<a href="http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/instax/cameras/mini_70/index.html?utm_source=Fox_PaperTownsPromo&utm_medium=Eblast&utm_term=October2015&utm_content=Eblast_Mini70&utm_campaign=INSTAX_Mini70">http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/instax/cameras/mini_70/index.html?utm_source=Fox_PaperTownsPromo&utm_medium=Eblast&utm_term=October2015&utm_content=Eblast_Mini70&utm_campaign=INSTAX_Mini70</a><br>

Note in the advertisement, they feature teenage girls. This the very demographic that had a major influence on the Japanese cell phone industry. Whatever people think of selfies (I am not a fan), they do seem to be an obsession, especially among the young. </p>

<p>Meh, I can identify the impulse. My wife and I have made a habit of taking at least one selfie on our vacations since the days of film... People used to watch us holding the camera out with one arm as we struggled to gauge where we'd be in the frame and how the background would look, and they'd stop and offer to take the picture for us... and we'd say "no thanks, this is just something we like to do!" There are quite a few self portraits floating around our home with one of our faces partially out of frame, but those are some of our favorites.</p>

<p>To this day when we want to record a memory of ourselves at a place or an event, we prefer taking the picture ourselves over asking someone else to take a picture of us. I guess it's partially tradition now, but that's not the only motivation - there is just something fun about it, even if you never end up out of frame by accident anymore!</p>

<p>I don't totally relate to the social media aspect of selfies, but I do relate to pointing the camera at yourself and pushing the button.</p>