Colour Push Development Times. Print and Slide

<p>Hi all, I want to know what the rule is for extended development of colour film.<br />I've read here and there to add 30 sec per stop, is this true? <br />I would be using C-41 starting at a time of 3:15. 100'F.<br>

Searching for push process times on slide film is especially unhelpful - just a load of people saying they got the lab to do it. <br />I read you can push Provia by no more than two stops. That would mean 100F could become 400. 400 is my ideal speed (or 800..) <br />so I'm keen on the idea. Any thoughts? Or example pictures and what you think of the results.?<br /><br />Thanks <em>a lot!!!</em></p>

<p>hi..well for slides i dont have experience but with C-41 i develop a lot a films every week.well the developer its 3min15 for normal and 30 sec for every ASA Push,for exemple 400 film pushed to 800 will be 3min45 sec, than bleach will be 6min45,3min15 water,6min45 fixer and water again plus stabilizer..this is for regulars films with cinema films i've been developing with only 2min15sec with amazing results.</p>

<p>well Ciaran,i've been using fuji 125T,reala 500D,fuji 250D,500T,64D and kodak 250D 50D and 500T.<br>

well i've developed for 2min15 by mistake but when i saw the results i was amazed,2min15 and 105º.the grain almost desapear..but hey this is me,you better develop at 3min15 at 100º..what chemicals do you use? i only use kodak chemicals and paper.</p>

<p>Thanks for the link! Development time +/- 5 seconds, how can you even pour it out in time?! E6 sounds like a lot of hard work; you get a low yield, short shelf-life, very high tolerances.. wow, two minutes for one stop is a big change in time.<br>

Thanks for that list, are you using the T films outdoors with filters? You were using C-41 for that right? What made it different at 2 min? I will probably end up using chemicals, but for now I'll stick to Tetenal or some small-scale CDs///</p>

<p>The tradition is that the time is from when you start to pour in for one step, until you start to pour in for the next. As you pour it out, there is still chemistry in the emulsion, still doing what it is supposed to do. </p>

<p>If you pour in uniformly, the time at each spot on the film will be the same. In actuality, close enough.</p>

-- glen