Nikon USA: D5 and D500 Launch Events at Local Camera Stores

ShunCheung

<p>Dieter, in this case you can I have the advantage for being in California, where this event is held at 15 different camera stores. Two of them are near where I live, and there are three additional ones within 40 miles or so in northern California.</p>

<p>In comparison, the D5/D500 launch is held at only two stores in the entire New York state, namely Adorama and B&H, both in Manhattan, none in upstate New York. Some other big states such as Florida and Pennsylvania are not represented at all.</p>

<p>However, please attend this event at your own risk. In case you are sold by the Nikon sales staff and end up buying a D5, don't blame me for passing this info along. :-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>In case you are sold by the Nikon sales staff and end up buying a D5, don't blame me for passing this info along. :-)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No worries, the probability of me buying a D5 is nil - and so is my interest in that particular model. Now, the D500, that's an entirely different story.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>the D5/D500 launch is held at only two stores in the entire New York state, namely Adorama and B&H, both in Manhattan, none in upstate New York.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>B&H has two scheduled on Feb 8th -- 1-3pm and 4-6pm. I believe the Event Space seats about 50 per event.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Let me repeat, attend these events at your own risk. If you end up purchasing thousands of dollars of camera gear from B&H while you are there, blame it on Henry. I am glad that I am now 3000 miles away from that store, but maybe I'll pay New York a visit later on this year.</p>

<p>They start earlier here in Europe. As a NPS member I receive my invitation on the 08.01.2016. and the meeting took place on the 14 of ian (6-8pm). It was a presentation of D5 but no one was allowed to test or take picures with the camera .</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p> Is anyone other than me praising Nikon's omission of the pop up flash from the D500. They suck power from the cameras batteries and get broken off. Now if they only didn't put that flip out monitor on the cameras back side. Something else that will get broken off with ruff usage. I've been urging Nikon to come out with a compact but scalable pro DSLR for awhile now. Why won't Nikon make what the pros really need. Something F100 like. They also missed with the price, $2000.00US. They could had made it to sell for $1000.00US by omitting the top LCD info display. Put that data on the monitor's screen which is redundantly shown in the viewfinder. It doesn't need to capture video either. If you want video, break out the D3,4,or 5. There reacting like Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, and Hyundai. One comes out with a new style formula and everybody jumps in line and follows suit. Also build it more to be more durable were the flash mounts to camera's top side. The usage of Magnesium is just not the right metal to use. 60 0r 70 series Aluminum is much more suited for the application. I know this form having had My F100 and D1X break at the flash mount. I know I'm ranting, but come on. Listen to those who make living with things.</p>