Details on how flash sync works

westphoto

<p>So long Micheal as you do not rush the recharge wait :) We must be of a similar age as I started with bulbs and so learnt about guide numbers but with his flash meter which I discovered by googling his names he is well on his way. Then I invested on one of the first Mecablitz, wet battery, large reflector and GN56 ....c1954 :-) Organised a DPDT switich to cut out one of the capacitors which halved the recharge time and gave a GN40.... confused my rivals as it looked like a standard Mecablitz to them :)<br>

Now BeBu all this TTL is very confusing to me :)</p>

<p>BeBu--This isn't a flame! I recently upgraded to new Pentax 540FGZ II flash units compatible with my Pentax K3 cameras. In contrast with my primitive non TTL Vivitar 285 HVs, I find that using TTL with some lenses requires as much as +2 EV compensation to get a proper exposure, while others work perfectly as one would expect. So while TTL can be a great convenience for fill flash, etc. when it works properly, it isn't infallible. Perhaps if I only used Pentax lenses I wouldn't have this problem, but I have Sigma, Tokina and Tamron lenses that fill holes in the Pentax lens line for me and they have never caused issues with regular metering of continuous light with the camera's metering system. But a Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 in particular will underexpose by 2 stops without intervention.</p>

In fact I have. The original adapter ended up being very

easy to open. Moved a wire and now it does just what I

want it to do. If I ever find myself in the unlikely event of

wanting it in original condition, it will be easy enough to

put back as it was.