Business Portrait Photography and More

destiny_king

<p>I am going to be taking photos of a local veterinary business. These photos include headshots of 3-4 team members, building shots and room shots, and detail shots of them working throughout the day. Out of curiosity, how much would you charge for something like this? I was thinking anywhere between $600-$750. Thoughts?</p>

<p>My 2016 day rate for Commissioned Portraiture is AUD$1200 (ex GST) + travel in excess of 32km. I m not sure how that will assist you, because you might be referencing US$ or CAN$ or HK$ ...</p>

<p>Also what you might charge per day is mostly dependent upon your locale and your ability to charge and deliver at that level of billing.</p>

<p>What puzzles me is that the opening post is definitive in so far as it reads as if the Client has already accepted the job yet does not know the cost involved?</p>

<p>However, if you are looking for guidance to supply a quote or estimate, then it would be good if you could supply a general region and a precise of you experience, skill level and a brief of the general gear that you will be using.</p>

<p>WW<br>

<br>

</p>

<p>+1 to William's post, and while you're at it, let us know what the deliverables are. Low rez files for the web, high rez files for a magazine ad, prints.....? Lots of factors affect how much you can/should charge.</p>

<p>My day rate when I lived in Silicon Valley was $1000 per day plus travel and post-processing time. Here in a small town in Southern Oregon, I'd be lucky to get 1/3 of that. Much depends on your location.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes, Your location would be helpful and would dictate what your market would bear in price. Also you did not state how long you would be working. You did say working shots throughout the day. What does that mean? You will be shooting all day? Generally you should form an hourly rate and a minimum rate plus usage rates and expenses.</p>