Where to post?

barry_r

<p>Well, if it's lighting-related, there's an area for that. If it's portrait-related, there's an area for that. If it's landscape-related, or sports-related, or product-shooting-related, you'll find the right spots. Or, use the search tool to find other discussions that share the topic, and note which forums are most commonly used. Or, give a hint here in a reply, and you'll get some suggestions. Right now, your question is too vague to get a good pointer, so more specifics will help.</p>

<p>Without knowing the question it's impossible to say where it would be best posted. As Jeff suggests, you can always post it in the Casual conversations forum. If a moderator thinks it would get more and better replies in one of the topical forums, they may move it for you. If you post it in a forum where it obviously doesn't belong (e.g. a digital question in the film and processing forum), again a moderator will probably move it.</p>

<p>There is no advanced technical forum forum for questions about diffraction, lens aberrations, depth of field, digital sensor design and the like. Those would probably be post posted to Casual conversations, even though they may not appear to be casual conversation topics. "Casual Conversations" really means "anything else related in some way to photography which isn't covers by another forum"</p>

<p>I just saw that there was a Beginner Photography Question forum but couldn't find a forum such as General Technical Discussion. I haven't formulated a specific question at this time, but let's say it has to do with some technical aspect of how a curtain shutter works. It wasn't clear where I would post it if/when I were ready to do so.</p>

<p> </p>

• 3 weeks later...