POTW_November 20th, 2015

Sanford

<p>Even though I know I should be using a tripod, I can't help myself. The E-M1 is the first camera I've ever had that lets me shoot at low shutter speeds with decent results. Once I get over my fixation with the IBIS system, I'll go back to the proper way to shoot close ups. :-)</p><div>00datV-559308684.jpg.352dba084c044119cf8343675752d90d.jpg</div>

<p>Hosteen, I just have to say that I personally find tripods for macro shots a pain in the butt, mainly because you can never get them in the same position as when you are hand holding, so please don't think that you need to go back to a 'proper way' when the E-M1 IS works so well. Just my two cents worth :) One more thing, I really like those shots, and the third one is a stand out for me.</p>

<p>You are right about using a tripod for macro, Anthea. Been using one for landscape so often that I forgot how much of a pain it is for macro. I am very pleased with the IS of the E-M1, as I have always had problems holding steady at slow shutter speeds. With the Oly I've been able to get decent shots at 1/25 of a second handheld, which, for me, is amazing.<br>

<br />Thanks for the kind words about the images.</p>

<p>Hosteen, I agree with Anthea - that third pic is excellent. I'm with you both on macro - I'll sometimes use a tripod for 'telephoto macro' but the IS of the OMD series is so good that it renders it unnecessary for much of the time. Also, A lot of what I try to do would be virtually impossible with a tripod - either because the exact view wouldn't be achievable, or because the wind is moving stuff about. Here's a case where technology is really helping!</p>

Portrait of the Artist as a Senior Citizen and great grandpa--, still chirping away at photo stuff. Needed a newer avatar for Facebook page. Tech: Panasonic GH 2/ Olympus 45mm 1.8 on a Induro tripod, with Oly FL 36 flash and bounce reflector, and -what else- remote cable hand held. Thass all....<div>00dbLE-559369584.jpg.006c4c106984a2679e3adf0c71867dd0.jpg</div>