120 folder gear aquasition syndrome strikes again

<p>I don't have many Zeiss folders so I thought I buy one<br>

got a zeiss 542/2 messe ikonta with an uncoupled rangefinder with a nice coated novar lens<br>

its just like new cant wait to run a film thru it I thought that was that<br>

then I got a zeiss super ikonta 520 6x4.5 super ikonta has a coated tessar lens <br>

just took it to bits<br>

cleaned the rangefinder lenses and repainted it all ,reassembly in a few days when the paints nice and hard<br>

what next a 531 /2 super Ikonta or a nice ensign commando maybe<br>

woops here we go again<br>

they are nice though and I got them for about half the price <br>

what should I do ..........buy some more I think<br>

regards Andrew</p>

<p>I also have several folders, including the Zeiss 6x4.5 and the Zeiss 6x9, both with coupled rangefinders. I am not partial to the 6x6 format though I own a Perkeo and a Zeiss Ikonta IV with the coupled rangefinder and the automatic frame counter. Also have the Voigtlander 6x9 prewar with the uncoated lens. I refer to them this way because I can't remember their model names or numbers. By far my favorite format is 6x9 and my favorite folder is the Agfa Record III with the uncoupled rangefinder. Its Solinar lens is the sharpest of all, including the Zeiss. All my folders are in working condition and use them all the time, though now the cold weather has arrived here in the Northeast and its tough to operate them with bare hands. By the way, I have a 4x5 folder on order that is being constructed as write this, though given the weather, will most likely have to wait until next spring to put it thru its paces.</p>