Fanny pack / waist bag wanted for 80-200mm f2.8

wedding_photographer5

<p>Lowepro do a range of belt-mounted lens cases. I'm sure there's something in their range to fit. Offhand I'd say the 11x26cm model would fit. I think the Lowepros are a good compromise between bulk and protection. They've also introduced cases that are supposed to facilitate one-handed swapping, but I've no experience with those.<br /> My own Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8 lives in a Sigma LS-723N case, which again has a belt-loop. It's rather heavy to hang off a belt though.<br /> I don't think Sigma sell their well-made cases any longer, but they can usually be picked up on *Bay.</p>

<p>If you're sold on a bum-bag design, then it's easy enough to convert a standard bum-bag to lens storage use by padding it out with high density foam.</p>

<p>i have the <a href="http://store.lowepro.com/inverse-200-aw">Lowepro Inverse 200 AW</a>. it's deep enough to fit a 70-200/2.8 vertically, which leaves two compartments for other lenses. it also has a U-shaped double zipper which the sun sniper doesn't have, as well as a padded shoulder strap and built-in rain cover. the sun sniper looks like a knock-off of the lowepro with less functionality.</p>

<p>The Think Tank Change Up V2 is a real nice pack that holds a Nikon 70-200 without the camera as well as a flash and another lens or at least two additional lenses without the flash. Not sure it's as small as you are looking for. It measures 11.2” W x 10” H x 5.8” and is really well made.</p>

<p>If you <em>really</em> want the smallest, check the Think Tank Skin 75. It just fits a 70-200/2.8 hanging from a belt. I have an older version but basically the same thing and works. You can also have a smaller Skin for the 50mm, or maybe a Lens Changer which is padded and smaller, more versatile maybe, and also works great.<br /> I also second Tom`s advice if you want it with a built-in belt, padded and more versatile pack. I also have the former version, which is my most used bag. But it is not as minimalist as spare skins and changers.</p>