Profoto Giant Parabolic Reflector, Silver - 6' (180 cm)

peter_j2

<p>Will my shadow show on the person(s) being photographed if I stood in front of the Reflector? The subject(s) will be between 8 - 15 feet away. I've read that the photographer's shadow will not show on the subject(s) with the larger Giant Reflectors. A Profoto AcuteB Head with Zoom Reflector 2 connected to a Profoto AcuteB2 600 AirS battery generator will be used.</p>

<p>I have both but sold the 180 as it was more cumbersome to set up. You can stand in front of both. The only difference is you can narrow the beam in the 180. In reality save your money and get the 150 and better yet get the 7ft instead that is a beauty. the larger the light source the softer the light</p>

<p>As Michael says, you can correct it in a few minutes in post if it bothers anyone. If it is a tighter shot, I retouch it out. It can be a distracting element there. But then, I take out second catch lights too. Using a larger modifier like this in tight and diffused can give a ring light type subject perimeter shadow if that is desired. It's not a one trick pony. </p>

• 4 weeks later...