RZ67 shutter speeds not changing, fresh battery, white dot - broken lens/body? Video inside

mood_lover

<p>Hi folks, my RZ67 + 110mm 2.8 lens is acting very strange. I recently shot a bracketed roll -1 to +8 (by changing shutter speed from 1/400 to 1.5s) and every single frame had identical exposure, and the negative came out extremely dense (but that is a problem for another day). I looked at my shutter blades and realized no matter what shutter speed I choose, it closes in a split millisecond. Here is video proof:<br /> <br /><a href="https://youtu.be/krLest9vS28"> https://youtu.be/krLest9vS28</a><br /> <br /> I put in a fresh battery, have the power switch to white dot, T lever to "normal" position, the mirror lockup screw is all the way down so no red ring, the dark slide is out, gold contacts on lens read and body mount cleaned. Is my camera broken?!</p>

<p>tak off the WLF and inspect the finder contacts near the screen. clean them.<br>

<br />also MANUALLY switch the camera to the 1/400 emergency speed and back. wait for the switch to slick back.<br>

try another fresh battery (you might get a few duds even if you buy them new, have seen that happen several times to photo.net members).</p>

<p>however the camera seems to be ok since the camera clicks as it should (you comment on it yourself). it seems the lens is faulty. try another lens if possible.</p>

<p>@Lubos: thanks for the reply! What exactly do you mean by manually switching the camera to 1/400 emergency speed and back? If you're talking about setting the power switch from white to orange and then back, I've tried this a bunch of times but it doesn't seem to do anything. The batteries I have are tested for voltage and fresh. I guess I'll have to try another lens, thanks</p>