cannot insert ml 3 into 10 point pin connector

hellobob

<p>For some reason I cannot insert the connector on ML-3 remote receiver into the 10 point receptacle on both D800 and D300. I assume I may have bent a pin. If that is the case, is there a proper way to straighten the pin(s) so I can insert? Or do you think there is a different problem? Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>The D800 had an issue (I think early-on) where the body pin assembly could break free and be pushed further into the camera body, which rendered the 10-pin connector unusable. So, don't solve the issue by pushing too firmly against the camera.</p>

<p>The only times I've had problems connecting was when the orientation of the alignment groove between the remote and the camera body wasn't just right,</p>

<p>Good luck,</p>

<p>- Dan</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The only times I've had problems connecting was when the orientation of the alignment groove between the remote and the camera body wasn't just right,</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I have a Nikon wired remote trigger and a third party wireless. The two plugs that go to the 10 pin connector have about 90 degree difference where the cord points out. Also the MC-30 10 pin plug points to the side in D700 and down when connected to a F100. I'd first check the proper orientation as suggested.</p>