I'm quite happy with Jessops "Diamond Laser" d+p service here in the

UK, but each time I take a roll to be processed, as part of the deal

they give me a free one of theirs, a Jessops brand. I prefer Fuji,

mostly, and I'm getting a growing stock of Jessops rolls - don't

really want. (I know I could decline it.) What to do, ideas,

please?

TIA.

Michael.

Steve's got a great idea. Shoot the stuff--have fun & use it in a 100 ways you'd normally never consider.

I went out yesterday & shot an entire of Provia in a wooded area w/ sun low while walking. That is, I literally walked & shot without stopping. I was at 125 so am counting on tons of blur & wacky out-of-focus. Could be none of it will be useful, but it sure was fun. And if I had had your cheap-o film, I would really have been delighted. Might have even shot two rolls!

I doubt that Jessops has a film factory anymore than Wallgreen's here in the States has a film factory. Some established manufacturer of film is packaging private label for them. Read the info on the box, where it's made, read what's printed on the cassette, use a roll, check the edge printing on the negatives, check how the prints look color-wise. You might be accumulating perfectly good Fuji film without knowing it. Or maybe it's Konica or Agfa.

I think it's Agfa (or at least it was German the last time I looked), though it might not be the same as the latest branded emulsion. Other suggestions:

(1) Give away to friends/family for shapshots.

(2) Sell a batch of 10 on ebay.

(3) Buy one of those semi-disposable P&S cameras (under a tenner if you look around), load with cheap film and hand it to a friend with instructions to take one photo and pass on the camera to someone else. Attach an address to which the camera can be returned by photographer #36, and a website address to which the results will be posted.

(4) Use for LTM loading practice.

(5) Run it through the cheapest precision camera you can find (maybe a secondhand Japanese rangefinder or manual SLR). Post the results here claiming they were shot on Velvia with an M7/Summilux and see if anyone notices...

I've used the stuff and it's not very good. Give it away or bin it. In future refuse the offer of a free film on environmental grounds, since it's only going to be thrown away. BTW, Jessops screwed up six valuable films of mine once, so I will never use them again. Peak Processing are twice the price, and absolutely dog-slow, but they don't make mistakes and the print saturation and exposure are in a different league to Jessops.