Need good cam bag for Hasselblad 503

satya_rodrigo

<p>I need a second camera bag that can also hold a Hasselblad 503 with 80F2.8 and the 150F4. My Billingham Small can't cut it. :)<br>

Have narrowed down to Billingham Hadley Pro or the ONA Street. Would the Brixton also work? I would prefer the most compact bag, the Street is a tad bigger than the Hadley, that I know many have used for the Hasselblad.<br>

There is always the Thinktank retro 7, but need something less casual. (Why can't they offer the leather on the whole bag and not just the flap?)<br>

Would the leather ONA bags (while heavier), offer more protection for the Hassy. Has anyone used the ONA bags for the V series? </p>

<p>Have you considered the ThinkTank Citywalker 20? I bought one to take on a trip to India recently and used it to accommodate my Canon 5D Mk iii with 24-70 f2.8 attached and with my 16-35 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 in the slots either side. It also took my 580 flash and an exposure meter. This was a comfortable (if somewhat heavy) combination and was relatively compact. I had wanted to take a shoulder bag rather than one that might be considered as a 'rucksack' in case there were restrictions on what I could take in to various monuments - I'd previously not been allowed to take my LowePro Slingshot into St Marks Cathedral in Venice or Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna.<br>

Since coming back I've used the same bag to accommodate my 503CW along with a compact digital camera (Leica 109). I'm looking forward to going out on trips with this bag and the 503CW either with my 150 f4 or my 903SWC depending on where I am going.<br>

Best Wishes with your decision.</p>

<p>Since you prefer a shoulder bag and like Billingham enough to consider another one have you thought of a 445? It is not huge and fairly light but would accommodate all your gear. Bear in mind that you may need space for future additions such as a spare back, film, filter system and a further lens and don't want to be in the situation in which you now find yourself where your current bag is not up to your needs.</p>

<p>I have a Billingham 307 which fits the Rollei 6008 with 50mm, 80mm and 150mm. Very comfortable. If I want to take along more (backs or otherwise), I use the Billingham 555. It is as comfortable but slightly slower to work from because of the way it opens. I like both tho, main reason to choose one over the other is weight.<br>

But one camera with two lenses would also smugly fit the Retrospective ThinkTank 20. Do add some foam at the bottom, these bags have too little there as I once found out. </p>

<p>Many thanks for the info.<br>

I had thought of the Hadley Pro, as <a href="

Thomas's review of the bag</a> showed how he could use it for a Hasselblad and lens- (vertically), but noted that it was snug. I forgot to add i also wanted the possibility of putting in a macbook air or ipad in back- hence I was looking at this size. I have experienced places where they say no camera allowed- or camera bags type- so my looking for a messenger type bag to hide the camera away and something as compact as possible. <br>

I dont regret the Hassy- but maybe I should have got a more compact TLR! :)</p>

<p>I forgot to mention that the ThinkTank has a specific pocket for an iPad (mine is an iPad mini) as well as pockets at the front for filters and a notebook (the real ones - with paper). Another feature I particularly liked was the option to have 'sound silencers' on the Velcro strips. The cover can be fastened with a clip and/ or using Velcro; but for the occasions when you might be in a church or museum and want to avoid attracting attention you can cover the Velcro with these silencing strips - when you are out and about you can use the Velcro normally and hence hear if anyone is trying to open your bag. Finally the dividers can be easily removed if you want to go for a softer messenger bag or need to flatten the bag to put inside your hold baggage.</p>