<p>DxO has several products, so I'll assume that you're talking about their main product, Optics Pro 10.5. When you open a Raw file in OP, it will cue you to accept the modules for your camera body and lens used in producing the image. After those modules are loaded, then DxO will automatically apply geometric, chromatic aberration, vignetting and other corrections as it converts the image to JPEG, tiff, DNG, or whatever format you chose.</p>

<p>Did you start with a Raw, uncorrected file? If you took an image already processed with PE8, with body/lens corrections already applied, the differences will be very subtle. OP is mainly a Raw converter, much light Lightroom. It converts the file to your chosen format, while correcting for lens/body errors and allowing adjustment of Contrast, Color, Noise, Sharpness, etc., to your taste.</p>

<p>Maybe I misunderstood you David. Were you saying that you didn't see improvement in your images when you use PE8, or were you saying that you tried DxO (there's a free trial) and you didn't see any improvement?</p>

<p>If it's the former, try the free trial. You'll see an improvement on either jpeg or Raw.</p>

<p>Look at the toolbox menu (right) as see what boxes are check (they will show blue if they are). Click on the customize pane (top left) wait for the program to work ( a few seconds) and then press and hold the compare button which will toggle you between original and corrected versions.</p>

<p>I think I have figured out what DxO does. It isn't huge improvement but I can see the changes. Now for my next ignorant questions. How do you batch process your photos instead of one by one? And once you have altered them in DxO can you save them as RAW files and then then use PSE on them?</p>

<p>DxO does not change the Raw file. You'll want to save as tiff first, if you need to go into PS or PSE. You usually will not need PS. A tiff file is not compressed and will give PS plenty of bits and bites to work with.</p>

<p>For processing many images, it's best to establish a Project. I use Photo Mechanic and put that I want to process into a dated file. For instance, today's file was 11-21-2015. Since meta data is on all my images, it's easy to find any image, even from years ago. Anyway, I open DxO, Select the File where the images are and they fill the bottom preview tray. I do Edit, Select All, then Right Click and Chose Create Project From Selected Images.</p>

<p>To batch process, if you want all in a project, you go Edit, Select All and then any processing will be applied by all. I have a personal Default setting that I apply to all image. If you want to select a sub-group, select them on the preview icons at the bottom of the screen. Use Shift for adjacent images and Control Enter for non-adjacent images. Once selected, then apply your adjustments. I batch images with similar lighting and/or similar cropping needs and do several at once. After that, I look at each individually and make small adjustments.</p>