Nikon E Lenses

ShunCheung

I guess it's a case of pedantically true, the mount, ie the male and female interrupted bayonet parts haven't changed....;)

I'd missed that Meike have released a set of Z mount extension tubes, an 11 and 18mm pair for £40.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=meike+mk-z-af1&crid=3F3FERLQS1QHC&sprefix=Meike+MK-Z-AF1%2Celectronics%2C145&ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_1_14

Actually, I am one who switched from Nikon to Canon EOS when I went digital in 2003-4 because my large collection of old non-AI lenses actually worked on the Canons.

Presumably without an automatic aperture lever, though, so they'd be metering (and focussing) at the shooting aperture. I feel Nikon should have allowed "trust me, meter stopped down", especially since (pre-E) Nikkors have aperture blades sprung shut and EF lenses are sprung open.

I always found it a curio that Canon won't (at least when I used them) trigger focus confirmation/digital rangefinder unless you "chip" the lens, which Nikons do by default, but that Canons will meter just fine with an uncoupled lens but Nikons won't. I have a Hartblei tilt-shift that I converted, and went from not being able to focus it (until I chipped it) to not being able to meter with it. (There was also a discussion with the manufacturer while they explained how I'd need an optical bench to ensure correct alignment of the replaced mount, and I told them what a tilt-shift lens was. I wish the new mount wasn't shiny and chrome, though.)

• Like 1

Presumably without an automatic aperture lever, though

I had almost added "stopped down" but thought it went without saying. I found the inexpensive Nikon F>Canon EF adapters to work just fine.

In fact the lenses that don't adapt fairly easily to the Canon EF (EOS) mount are the Canon FD mount - go figure

I had almost added "stopped down" but thought it went without saying. I found the inexpensive Nikon F>Canon EF adapters to work just fine.

In fact the lenses that don't adapt fairly easily to the Canon EF (EOS) mount are the Canon FD mount - go figure

Canon made sure you forget that ever was the FD mount. The FD mount left Canon way behind Nikon back then. While Nikon although they made lots of change to the F mount lenses they want you to remember the F mount since 1959.