Mirrorless Monday_November 16th, 2915

Sanford

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Thank you John and Mukul for your charitable words.</p>

<p>As the oak leaves rustle in the wind and the frost gives a nip to the air, dusk falls earlier each day under the heel of Orion. I can't help feeling the autumn of my life also enveloping me like November chill. Yet I feel a warmth of gratitude for having such a wonderful family, friends and long career in photography. The joy of each new day washes over me as I watch the rising sun. My cup is full.</p>

<p>John, Mountain Tarn in the Mist is quite beautiful. Great balance of elements.<br>

David, I like the shot with the Hexanon 200mm. Nice isolation.<br>

Sanford, Nice star burst through the rigging. It feels like a such a bright, sunny day.<br>

Michael, Amazing airshow pics. The f-16's over and under is my fav. Would make a great print.<br>

Anthea, The wet bulb is a great "twist"! Nice to see table top work here.</p>

<p>John, that's kind of you to mention me in the same breath as Saul Leiter. :)<br>

Louis, excellent shot on Iron Man. That photo could easily be in a textbook about old arms and armor. And thanks for the compliment on the Hexanon shot. I always pleasantly surprised at the rendering on this lens.<br>

Michael, you should definitely give that old Hexanon a try. I took a chance on my copy at a thrift store since it was in almost perfect condition. I am actually quite pleased with the quality of the optics. I don't shoot telephoto much but this lens stays in my bag just in case.<br>

Anthea, glad you like those. And I, in turn, am drawn to your plastic netting shot. Well done.</p>

<p>Here's one from a night of experimenting with the FD 24/2.8 on my a6000. Nothing special but a hint of what's possible using the camera for astrophotography. By the way, great photos everyone! Too many impressive shots to single out, but amazing and inspiring work from everyone.</p><div>00dab9-559273584.jpg.00263e868f3a79eedfce6f77010656dd.jpg</div>

<p>Andy, lovely sky, but it shows that most digital sensors can't handle light sources very well. So far, Canon's sensors are the worst (along with the M9's CCD). I think Fuji's do very well. The A7 series might do better but I would have to see comparisons.</p>

<p>Mukul, cute chickadee. Michael, amazing shots (did you use the EVF or the LCD?). David, you know I love your pics - my fave is probably the last one.</p><div>00dabC-559273684.jpeg.812b0311faed4fa28dc3b02e57dc4b1e.jpeg</div>

<p>Thanks for commenting Karim. Actually the camera is probably more capable at capturing the scene than I'm able to get it to do so, but I mainly wanted to see if I could get anything with this combo at all. This is the first night outing with the a6000, so I didn't expect a great result, but it was fun trying. Unfortunately where we live, there is growing light pollution that washes out what used to be a beautiful, very dark view of the night sky, Milky Way included. Now, as you can see, the Milky Way (all of the blotchy looking area in the photo) looks fairly dim and much less distinct, but I know that with the proper settings it can be captured in more detail and much more distinctly. It's a matter of learning what settings work best for this camera. I plan to mount the camera (this one or my dslr) on my telescope to shoot as it moves with the rotation of the Earth and see what result I can get with a longer exposure and with the telescope's movement in sync with the rotation, the star trails will be gone as well.</p>