A book about Not Going Pro.

habsphoto

<blockquote>

<p>a sub-title like <em>66 Reasons to stay an amateur </em>would have the same catch to it but without the emphasis on the negative.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Phil, I like it! Although I'm not opposed to the negative perception (that's what I'm going for, an unempowerment book in a sea of empowerment books as a counterpoint). But I could totally see using your suggested subtitle as a sub-sub-title when I talk about the book in public like " DON'T SHOOT | 66 reasons NOT to become a pro photographer – or 66 reasons to stay an amateur."<br>

I'm totally using that and another suggestion from my friend Emma, "the uniquely helpful advice" in the book.<br>

<em><strong><a href="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clickittycat/dont-shoot-book">The Kickstarter</a> reached 130% funded with 214 backers</strong></em> last night so it goes to print in December and ships in January if all goes according to my evil plan. Thanks to all for your uniquely helpful comments.<br>

;-)<br>

-Schaf (all the links, info and updates to the book will be at <a href="http://www.66reasons.com">www.66reasons.com</a> from now on)</p>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>This is the second successful crowdfunded photography related book I've come across through forum postings. The other one was of a picture book of scenes of a little known ancient city in Portugal the author photographed and similarly alerted others by posting in LuLa's off topic forum.</p>

<p>Thanks, Steve, for letting us know of your success. It gives hope to others who may be thinking about doing something similar.</p>