Any Nikon D810 3rd party battery grip that boosts frame rate?

rui_wang3

<p>I used to buy Nikon Battery grips until B&H ran out for the D7100. i NOW too have the Vello and have not looked back. I have the Vello on my D7100, D7200, D750. My other bodies still have the Nikon grips. The Vello is well made and fits perfectly. All functions work. As for frame rate, I thought that stopped with the D300S/D700 series. On the modern bodies, frame rate does not increase. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>And with the D300S/D700, you only got the increased frame rate by using the "pro" Nikon rechargeable battery from the D3/D3S. Using AA batteries or two of the batteries that came with the camera does not increase the frame rate.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>When you use the MB-D10 grip with the D300, D300S, or D700, you need a higher voltage than what the EN-EL3e Li-ion battery offers to get those cameras to capture at 8 fps. You can achieve the higher voltage with an EN-EL4/EN-EL4A battery originally designed for the D2 and D3 families or 8 AA batteries inside the MB-D10.</p>

<p>Without the higher voltage, the D300 and D700 can only capture 6 fps while the D300S can do 7 fps, powered by the EN-EL3e.</p>

<p>My Vertax D12 battery grip makes no difference to the frame-rate of my D800 when fitted with 8 fresh AA Alkaline cells. AFAIK that Vertax grip provides no facility to fit a higher voltage Li-Ion battery. However the grip works as advertised and feels reasonably well made.</p>

<p>As others have said, there's no mention of an increased frame rate being available on the D810 at all, apart from shooting in DX or 1.2x mode. That would seem to indicate that the frame rate is limited by the signal processing time, rather than by any motor or mechanical limitation.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The D800 and D810's situation is a bit different. With the grip and higher voltage batteries inside, you can get a higher frame rate only in some of the crop modes. If you are capturing the entire FX frame and its 36MP, the grip and higher battery voltage will not increase the frame rate. As Rodeo Joe says, the frame rate limitation is some combination of data processing rate and voltage.</p>

<p>According to Nikon's web site on the D810, the Frame Advance Rate section: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d810/spec.htm<br>

If the power source is something other than the EN-EL15, i.e. if you use 8 AA batteries or the EN-EL18/EN-EL18a for the D4/D4S inside the MB-D12 grip, the frame rate in the DX crop mode can go up from 6 fps to 7 fps.</p>

<p>The frame rate for the full FX mode and 5:4 crop mode remains at 5 fps regardless of power source and remains at 6 fps in the 1.2x crop mode, also regardless of power source.</p>