Capture one or Lightroom?

<p>I never used Capture one before but since I shot pics with phase one from school, I can fully access to that program. I really feel that Capture one program have more options and tools to edit pics and the color seems to be much better than Lightroom. I'm not sure about organizing files since I never use this program before. </p>

<p>I'm thinking to transfer from Lightroom to Capture one but there are so many clients and photographers(especially my boss) still using Lightroom and I couldn't find the option for profile(Colorchecker) yet. </p>

<p>What do you think if I use capture one pro as a main editing program?</p>

<p>I'm no Lightroom fan so far myself and have the same kind of boss as you. - At the end of the day final pictures count and if colorchecker gets us nowhere, "<em>the color seems to be much better than Lightroom</em>" isn't Lightroom just a crutch or white stick to be used on the side? And can't your boss view your awesome results in whatever they 'd like to use?</p>

Both are fine programs but Capture One is only a raw processing program.

"I really feel that Capture one program have more options and tools to edit pics and the color seems to be much better

than Lightroom."

You're wrong about that but I suspect it's because you don't really know Lightroom. It's raw development toolset is every

bit as powerful as C1 Pro, and if you consider its other features far more powerful. However the two programs use

different processing algorithms so if you like the look of C1 processed images my advice is to use C1 to process with and

Lightroom to organize the finished TIFFs and JPEGS.

<blockquote>

<p>Capture One is only a raw processing program</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That is no longer true; C1 now also has a catalog (since version 7 actually), and as of version 9, it's really not far behind LR anymore either (though the UI is much more austere and maybe takes some time to get used to). You can also import the LR catalog into C1. I think the differences between C1 and LR have never been smaller, really (C1 has no options to make books and websites, but I don't think those are essential parts of LR for most professional users either). Personally, I really believe the colour editing tools of C1 are easier than LR, and if you're struggling there, C1 might indeed work well for you.<br /> <br /> So, whichever one you prefer working with, which one gives you the results you're pleased with, with the least effort. Both programs are more than capable, it's really more a matter of User Interface and conventions than anything else. One major advantage to LR is that there are more tutorials, books and courses available as more people use it. But in the end, it needs to work for you.</p>

<p>I agree with Wouter. This is a solution looking for a problem. Each program has its own learning curve, strengths, and weaknesses. I happen to use Lightroom but this is not an argument I'd chose to enter. Try them, both have trials, decide which works better for you. Asking these types of questions involving fairly personal issues of style and preference on an internet forum would be difficult even if we did know you personally and is not usually terribly productive. I'm confident that a skilled person can make a difficult file look great with either and an unskilled person can use either to produce something quite awful. Good luck which ever way you go.</p>