A) I set the aperture<br>

B) I move to bulb<br>

C) I push out the P.S Time lever<br>

D) I press the shutter button and it clicks immediately.</p>

<p>2)<br>

A) I set the aperture<br>

B) I move the time to 4 seconds<br>

C) I push out the P.S time lever<br>

D) I press the shutter button and shutter closes approximately after 4 seconds ( if I push back the P.S Time lever before or after, it does not matter)</p>

<p> My questions :<br>

1) Is this the expected behaviour ?<br>

2) Am I making any mistakes in my steps ? I did load a film in it.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the P.S time lever in case 2). If you set a 4 second exposure, you don't need "time exposure mode". Just release the shutter in the normal way, or with a cable release, and you'll get that 4 second exposure. The behaviour you report is expected, but involving the the P.S time lever (step C) is unnecessary.</p>

<p>Time mode is for long exposures of <em>arbitrary</em> length. The same as B mode, but not requiring a cable release to keep the shutter open. And in the case of this camera, time mode also saves some battery power. </p>

<p>In case 1), what do you see when you do step D)? It should open the shutter and leave it open indefinitely. You need to do something else, a step E), to close the shutter: step E) is where you push back the P.S Time lever.<br>

So when you say "it clicks immediately", do you mean it only opens for a fraction of a second and then closes again? </p>

<p>Thanks for your response. I have somewhat better clarity now. I was trying to understand how to use the time exposure.<br>

<br />1) I have film loaded in camera. Is it required for this to operate ?<br>

2) Do I need to lock the mirror?<br>

3) I have AE Prism finder attached to the body . Does this make any difference ?</p>

<p> Sequence of steps :<br>

A) I set the aperture on the ring<br>

B) I move the shutter speed dial button to B Position<br>

C) push out the time exposure lever<br>

D) wind the film. I may have done earlier too.<br>

E) press the shutter fully. The shutter opens and closes almost immediately ( fraction of second).<br>

(There is no cable release attached to it )<br>

<br />thanks for your time. have a nice one</p>

<p>Hi Steve, I pressed the shutter button fully down and the shutter opens and closes. If I hold the button down, it remains open as long as the shutter button is depressed.<br>

My question is about the time exposure set lever and using time exposure mode. (pg 66 of manual).<br>

<br />Ray, in time mode, do I need to</p>

<ol>

<li>keep the shutter button pressed halfway till exposure is complete ( and when button is released , shutter closes)</li>

<li>or press the shutter button halfway (shutter opens), release the shutter button and then push in time exposure set lever ( shutter closes at this point)</li>

</ol>

<p>I am pushing out time exposure set lever before pressing the shutter and also winding the film. I am setting the shutter speed dial to B. Currently my camera behaviour is matches option 1 listed above.<br>

Which is the intended behaviour for camera? Thanks all.</p>

<p>Sanjay,</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Would any of my questions in 1,2 or 3 prevent time exposure mode from working?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Qu 1 - I doubt it; Qus 2 & 3: almost certainly not.<br>

I cannot be more confident really, because I don't actually have this specific camera - I was answering based on the universal principles of time mode in cameras. I have a few focal plane shutter cameras which implement time mode, and it's always the same:</p>

<ul>

<li>one full but brief press of the shutter release button (without keeping the button held down) opens the shutter, and it stays open indefinitely;</li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>one other brief action (a second press of the shutter, or a press of the battery check button, or a turn of the mode dial...depending on the camera) closes the shutter after the desired long period has elapsed. The manual for your camera says that sliding in the time exposure lever to the original position has this effect.</li>

</ul>

<p> So:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Ray, in time mode, do I need to</p>

<ol>

<li>keep the shutter button pressed halfway till exposure is complete ( and when button is released , shutter closes)</li>

<li>or press the shutter button halfway (shutter opens), release the shutter button and then push in time exposure set lever ( shutter closes at this point)</li>

</ol></blockquote>

<p>Qu 1: no. It would not be time mode if you had to keep pressing something in throughout the exposure...that would be bulb mode.<br>

Qu 1: that sounds right (except on nearly all cameras, if you push the shutter button only to halfway, it only activates the metering and viewfinder display; it requires a full press to open the shutter. The P67 II is no exception - see page 41 of the manual).</p>

• 3 months later...
<p>Hi,<br /> I got it serviced and it works. Updating here for anyone interested in this in future:<br /> I got info from person on FB who saw my post and replied.<br /> 1) Set the aperture after switching on camera<br /> 2) wind the film <br /> 3) Prism finder is not needed<br /> 4) It works even without film<br /> 5) set exposure mode to B<br /> 6) push out time exposure ( PS time) lever button<br /> 7) press shutter button fully - shutter will open<br /> 8) push time exposure button back<br /> 9) shutter will close<br /> Tested my camera and this is how it is working now.</p>