quick easy simple any filter to any lens mount

<p>I seen a couple of posts where people said they held the filter over the lens with one hand while shooting and see an opportunity to contribute. I have made numerous mounts using plastic bottles. The easiest if I can find the right dimensions are empty pill bottles. At the end of the day Pharmacies accumulate a lot. I also use soft drink bottles if I need to adapt the size. The soft drink bottles show poorly here since they are clear. Start with a tablet bottle where the mouth closely matches the outside diameter of the lens or cut the neck of soda bottle where the diameter is a tad smaller than the lens OD. <br>

I am trying to be concise and apparently challenged at that. The clear does not come out well in photos so I hope you can follow</p><div>00dMHq-557328984.jpg.d6a180c78b82c931ccaa7f8c2246c5fa.jpg</div>

<p>If you need to wrap electrical around inside of tablet bottle if you need more snugness. On the soda bottle cut a series of verticle slits (I do about ¼”). Spread these out and slide over lens. Wrap tape around this edge snugly.<br>

SEE LAST PHOTO, slightly out of order.</p><div>00dMHr-557329084.jpg.8ec602aa02046dbed2545c3a3004523a.jpg</div>

That is a Russian старт (start) SLR. I just joined photo.net recently and for some silly reason I thought I knew something

about Russian cameras. One of the fist things I saw was a post by JDM with a Start camera which I never heard of. Of

course the next thing I did was go to EBay and buy one. Really nice camera and from what little I. know a really nice lens,

Helios-44.

<p>I used to import my own Russian cameras, and it was an interesting scenario getting them. It was a Russian firm that would sell to individuals. You spent months waiting for whatever you ordered, but it eventually arrived. Brand spanking new from the factory. Usually, they came packed in a thin plywood box, with hand written address cards glued to the outside. Then inside, there was the factory packaging, and the distinctive odor these seemed to emit. I guess I could have ordered from a supplier in GB, but it felt more authentic to import my own.</p>

<p>If your camera was sent from Russia or Ukraine along with a leather ever ready case, rumor has it that the tanning process involved pig urine. Whether that is true or not, it might answer the distinctive odor question. I read this on the 'net some years ago, do we believe what we read? Some reader may be able to verify!</p>

I know it is not ground breaking. I just

have seen a couple of posts over the

past where people stated they were

holding filter over lens. I know there are

mounts for every combination. I do not

always have a mount to fit my needs

and finding one can be problematic

and not available in a timely fashion. I just thought that

this was a quick, simple and cheap

way and have not seen (which doesn't

count for much) it mentioned before.