Embedded copyright disappeared on Facebook

<p>I embedded my copyright data in my camera, and on each image I gave to a client.<br>

He posted it on Facebook, which is fine with me, and I downloaded it just to check. When I opened the downloaded image in Photoshop, the copyright data is gone. Any idea why? Any suggestions on how to ensure it stays with the image? I'm sure the client made no modifications. Thanks.</p>

<p>Facebook strips out metadata. Most "social" sites strip out some if not all of the metadata. Google+ is the only one that leaves in all the metadata.</p>

<p>The only thing you can do is what Matt suggests, watermark the photo. However, if you sell photos, they may not have watermarks and can end up on Facebook (and Twitter and Flickr and ...) with no metadata or partial metadata. Welcome to the 21st century.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>If you took the time to read the Facebook Terms of Service instead of the paranoia, you would find out that the Terms of Service do not say what is claimed in those two year old articles. It's important to note that even with the two year old proposed terms, this is a ridiculous statement:</p>

<blockquote>

<p> even sell anything posted there. </p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

That is because any content rights (much of which are necessary just to run Facebook) end when the content is removed. If Facebook sold the content, they would have to monitor its usage and spend tremendous amounts of time going back to take it down. And who would buy content from them with that kind of term? <br>

<br>

If the newest article you can find about this is two years old, you should assume that it isn't the case. That would be the logical way to think about it.<br>

<br>

</p>