Did I ruin my 120 film?

<p>So I was loading film into my 16-32 film back when I noticed the film back was not working and needed a battery change. I already had my film at the "start" of the spool (before u stick it in the camera and turn it on and it advances to the first slide) So it was still at the ticker to confirm that its ready to go. It took me a while to remove the battery cover and my film was at the "start" of the spool for a good 20 minutes sitting outside of the film magazine cover (Before it advances to the first slide when put into the camera) .Is my film ruined? Keep in mind this is before it was advanced to the first frame. I just get paranoid at this stuff and was just curious. This is also Kodak Vision 3 500t film with remjet on it. (I found a lab that processes it) Thanks for any replies!</p>

<p>It is unlikely that the film is ruined. If any damage occurred, it will likely be contained to the fist foot or so. The purpose of the ramjet is to provide a light-tight barrier to allow loading and unloading in subdued light. The second purpose is, some movie cameras allow light to leak in via the viewfinder. The ramjet prevents exposure from the rear. This method is not 100% but its good. </p>

<p>I though I rewound my 35mm film all the way in my Holga 135 - it has a really crappy crank! Anyway, I opened it when it wasn't respooled all the way.</p>

<p>Long story short, what was between the cartridge and the winding spool was exposed - but the stuff on the open spool and wound, developed OK ( I haven't printed it yet.) So, there's this band of black between what looks like properly exposed frames. </p>

<p>Surprised me. </p>

<p>So, develop it and see. That's what is great about film, you get these crazy surprises. And you learn from your screw ups.</p>

<p>I am referring to the hasselblad film magazine http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/264743-REG/Hasselblad_3033016_Film_Magazine_HM_16_32.html</p>

<p>Yes it is Kodak vision 3 500t film in 65mm format trimmed down to fit 120 spools. I paid to have it respooled into that format. Had some developed last week and the latitude is insane. Littlefilmlab in CA gets rid of the remjet backing and develops it. Anyways I guess I should just send the film in and see what happens. Part of me thinks it will be fine because the actual start of the film and frames werent exposed to light. </p>

<p>Thanks. Wasn't familiar with that Hasselblad magazine and didn't realize Kodak made Vision in 65mm. Interesting to know that they are still producing 65mm. Used to be used as an intermediary in optical effects, but those are pretty much done digitally now. And it's probably been decades since anybody shot 65 for princpal photography on a movie.</p>