Medium format web resource

alexo

<p>Does anyone remember the URL for a really good and a very comprehensive site that used to be around 15 years ago. It was something like med8k.com or something to that effect. It had information on anything and everything related to medium format. I did a search on google and I couldn't find it. If anyone remembers the site or if it's still around, please let me know.<br>

Thanks<br>

Alexander</p>

<p>You're thinking of the Bob Monaghan medium format website. It was at http://medfmt.8k.com/ but that's now a dead link. It was an excellent resource, full of arcane details and advice.</p>

<p>You can retrieve some of the pages through the Internet Archive (the Wayback Machine). From a quick browse, it looks like the Monaghan site went down around 2009.</p>

<p>If you're interested mostly in film medium format cameras and gear, the forum at apug.org has a medium format section that is quite busy, and based on my own experiences, the folks who hang out there are very knowledgeable. But this site is strictly for film-based cameras. APUG = Analog Photography Users Group. They have a sister site, called dpug.org, which, predictably enough, stands for Digital Photography Users Group.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks Mike,<br /><br />I've been a member of APUG for about 10 years, although, quite frankly, I had forgotten I had an account there. Thanks for the reminder.<br /><br />Philip, the Luminous Landscape is a good resource as well. Thank you.</p>