W/NW Pic o the Week # 22

Uhooru

<p>Hi all, time to share your favorite pic o the week. Let's see what you have. Don't be bashful, lurkers and newcomers are encouraged to post. I'll start with 1 from the Southside of the Newport Beach Pier. GX7 and Summicron 35. <a title="Untitled by Barry Fisher, on Flickr" href=" spacer.png src="https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5331/18031089711_c229dcc961_o.jpg" alt="Untitled" width="880" height="661" /></a></p>

<p>Leica M 240 + Tokina 60-300/4-5.6. More from my adventures with Akashi Castle's cats. Breakthrough last week. The white cat in the picture below suddenly became friendly. She rubbed against my trousers and sat down in front of me. </p><div>00dJjE-556975984.jpg.b465fa29bcdc7a136012ca70b0216354.jpg</div>

<p>Some shots from a coffee shop called Blue Bottle in downtown San Francisco. The coffee was really good but the place is somewhat over-hyped (Leica MP, 50 mm Summicron f/2, Fujifilm Neopan 400).<br>

<a title="Blue Bottle by Srebreni Halid, on Flickr" href=" Blue Bottle src="https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8689/16833408123_9756f635cd_z.jpg" alt="Blue Bottle" width="640" height="424" /></a><br>

Barista preparing a "syphon." Don't ask me much about it. Let's just say that the whole process was quite interesting and the drinking experience quite slow :)<br>

<a title="Blue Bottle by Srebreni Halid, on Flickr" href=" Blue Bottle src="https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8833/16831131184_99eee9705d_z.jpg" alt="Blue Bottle" width="640" height="424" /></a></p>

<p>Just for fun, a digital collage I made this week from images from a couple different cameras, film and digital over the last decade. Its from a series I call Digital Samplers. They feature a digital collage made up of images from other bodies of work combined in a way that expands the meaning of some words I wrote that di not make it into my book "Seeing." They're intended to provoke thinking, by addressing the elephants in the room. You can see more of them on my web site charlielemay.net. There are currently 93 of them and at least one more on the way.</p><div>00dJqw-556994384.jpg.1d575253576dac86b405012343a22c1f.jpg</div>

<p>Too many good photos to call out this week. Skeeter, are those clouds from our recent flood-filled weather? The mammatus clouds have made for a couple of stuffing sunsets lately.<br /><br />Knut, I will call out your photo. It's exceptional in so many ways. Kudos to you for being brave enough to bring your M8 into the sea. The results were worth it.</p>

It's funny Charlie, that in your collage called 'War' the man's hands on the left together look like the face of

a beast with its mouth open and teeth showing. At least it looks that way when viewed in the small size

you present. Don't know if you intended that or not, but I thought it was cool and read it that way at first.