Looking for a New Camera

Two23

<blockquote>

<p>"The FM uses a needle. It is this one difference that many people cite as a big reason why they like the FM2 better than the FM"<br>

<em><strong>Michael McB.</strong></em></p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>This is incorrect. </strong><br /> The FM does indeed use red LED lights for meter indication; no needles.<br /> The FM2 is <strong>mainly</strong> regarded for it's ultra high speed <strong>4,000th of a sec</strong> shutter and subsequent higher flash sync speed.</p>

<p>The F3HP is hard to beat - I fell in love with it the first time I picked it up, and it remains my favorite camera ever, despite its idiosyncrasies. However, while the F3/T is "fancier" than the plain-jane HP, don't pass up a good HP if you find one. Unlike, for example, the OM-4 vs the OM-4T, where the T is an objectively better camera than the OM-4B(rass), the F3HP and F3/T are functionally identical.<br>

If you want to "panache" it a bit, you can recover it in leather, or lizard, or whatever coating you like (Cameraleathers - NFI). My HP is recovered in Griptac, which looks and feels great, and I have an F2 Photomic, CLA'd and covered in dark green leather, that looks almost too good to use, but still gets use - the meter is spot on, and it works with my AI and pre-AI Nikons.</p>