pentax 67ii issues and queries

sanjay_chaudary

<p>Hi, I just bought a pentax 67ii from keh.com in ex+ condition and have some issues.</p>

<p>1) The ae prism finder is not fitting in smugly and I can shake it (lift partially on one end, next to lock button).<br>

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?</p>

<p>2) I loaded the camera with rayovac RL-123 A batteries ( this is equivalent to cr123 A battery as per the packaging). However the lcd is not turning on, when I turn battery to on. I bought the batteries last week . I am not sure if it is a battery issue. The camera is not loaded. any conditions under which it might not turn on?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>1) Change the felt/foam light seals on the bottom of the prism finder. They get "squashed" down with time.</p>

<p>2) All my 6x7's use the 4SR44 batteries, so I can't help you with the 123's. Did you check them with a meter? I only use Surefire CR123's, no other brand.<br>

Here's a link with some good info on the 67's. You know the trick about the frame counter and getting the shutter to fire, right?</p>

<p>http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/AsahiPentax67.html</p>

<p>camera worked. guess I did not put the batteries in properly. the prism finder seats correctly sometimes. I guess I need not remove it. I might have to learn how to attach it correctly. it slips out of the groove on left side while remaining smugly in metal groove on other side, if not attached properly.</p>

<p>You might try pushing a little harder to get the prism to seat. You should hear 2 clicks, 1 for each side, and the buttons should also expand out and not stay recessed. As for batteries. A little more $ will get you a lot more time. The Pentax 67II is not a battery miser, it's very efficient. I use Duracells.</p>

• 4 months later...