good price for a Rolleiflex 3.5f?

<p>It depends how much value is put on the near mint condition. And are there accessories like a Bay 2 lens hood, Bay 2 filters, scissors strap etc? These can be expensive on their own.</p>

<p>I would not personally want to pay anything like that amount, perhaps half. But that's just me.</p>

<p>My father once gave me a mint condition <em>looking</em> Rollei Twin Reflex from the 1960s. It was in the back of his closet for years - unused.<br>

The shutter was frozen and I found out that it happens frequently with Rolleis.<br>

I actually have a repair guy near me who fixes film cameras and he wanted $250 to fix it. The market value was $200 if it worked.<br>

I sold it on eBay for $50 "as is".<br>

So, if the camera hasn't been used in a while, run a roll of film through it to see if the shutter works.</p>

<p>As for price, I would check second hand camera dealers and compare. But 860 - Pounds Sterling? - that would have to be a really nice working camera and include a lens.</p>

<p>That's 860 *pounds*, which is about 1350 USD. It's on the high side IMHO, but I haven't seen the camera. If it has had a first-class CLA from an expert like Mr Fleenor, that's worth 250 pounds in itself, or $350 - 400.</p>

<p>In about 2009, I was looking for a 3.5F, and you could find a decent one then for $650 or 700 if I recall correctly, but I guess you could expect a CLA on top of that. Late-model rarities like white faces were well over a thousand. I don't know what prices have done since then. (FWIW, I ended up buying a frozen 3.5E with limited wear, and having it CLAed by Mr Fleenor.)</p>

<p>Incidentally, if you're doing doctrinaire Zone, wouldn't sheet film, or a camera with interchangeable backs, be a better choice? It wouldn't be as compact as a Rolleiflex, but you could do it a lot cheaper, too.</p>

<p>Seems a little high, but for a really good example that is where the price may be these days. The 2.8's will more often fetch prices this high, but they really do not offer a better camera.<br>

Like Leicas though, the Rolleis do hold their value well and are a good investment with exemplary image quality.</p>