What is the difference between Fujicolor C200 and Fujicolor Proplus 200?

<p>I've used Proplus 200 earlier and on the pack it says "Professional pack". It wasn't expensive at all as other "Professional" film rolls that I've never used but often see online. For a pack of 5, I got it for Rs. 350 (print price)!<br>

Recently I visited Guwahati, Assam and picked Fujifilm C200. A bungle of 10 cost me Rs.1150.<br>

I was wondering if it is the same film... <br>

I am kind of stille new to Film Photography even though it's been 2 years since I picked up Analogue photography... I haven't developed any films yet and still can't make the difference out much but I am interested to know more about the films that I use.<br>

On the carton on Proplus 200, it says it is manufactured by Jindal Photo ltd., India. Also there is description in Hindi language as well so I am guess that Proplus 200 is the same as C200 but for Indian market. On the carton of C200, it is written made in Japan by Fujifilm corporation.<br>

I haven't found much about Proplus 200 on the net but I see that many international photographers have used C200 which makes me wonder if they are the same but marketed for Indian and other countries separately.<br>

Hopefully someone can throw some light on it.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The edge codes on the negatives usually tell what's what.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>C200 and Proplus have identical markings (FUJI 200 CA-24).</p>

<p>Both are low contrast films but Proplus has more saturated reds. I wonder whether these are older versions of Superia (S-200 CA-23).</p>

• 4 weeks later...