Lightroom 5.7 Sliders

<p>Does anyone else have the same problem? When using the Develop module I find it difficult to fine tune slider settings on my laptop due to the size of the sliders on the screen, is there any keyboard shortcut or a way of enlarging the sliders on the screen?</p>

<p>You can make the UI larger. The sliders get larger.<br>

You can use <em>Scrubby Sliders</em> by moving cursor over numeric field that defines where the slider is. You’ll see a little hand icon and can ‘scrub’ back and forth to alter values.<br>

You can enter values in the field mentioned above. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Yep, the sliders can be too sensitive, even on my desktop machine with a large monitor.</p>

<p>I often just click on the number to the right of the slider and then use the UP and DOWN arrows to change the value of the slider. Much more precise.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I often just click on the number to the right of the slider and then use the UP and DOWN arrows to change the value of the slider. Much more precise.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This works but only in increments of 10. Any way for single-digit changes?</p>

<p>Yeah, I have my mouse movement slowed right down, so the mouse doesn't cover as much distance with each move, and I also use the left/right arrows when the cursor is over the slider. But as you say, on some sliders they increment in large amounts. (but on others they only increment in singles).</p>

<p><em>"This works but only in increments of 10. Any way for single-digit changes?"</em><br>

<em> </em><br>

<em><br /></em>It should only do increments of 10 if you press Shift+Up/Down Arrow. Up/Down Arrows on their own should move it in increments of 1.<br>

<br>

The other advantage of using the arrows instead of the slider is that until you commit the changes that you make you only create one history state whilst making up and down arrow adjustments. So if you are changing Contrast say and use the slider to make a change of +25 then let go of the slider and then back off a bit down to +20 and again let go and then finally end at +15 you've got three history states.<br>

Using the number box and Up/Down arrows you can make an adjustment then stop using the arrows, assess the result and as long as you are still in that number box use the Up/Down arrows again to your hearts content to make adjustments and only when you click off the box do you get one history state added.<br>

<br>

If you're like me and like to look at the differences a few changes can make on the sliders this ends up with a far more tidy history state for the file.</p>