150mm Sonnar F4

russell_mitchuk1

<p>Im bidding on my 1st Hasselblad lens. Its a 150 mm F4. It looks to be incredible shape. Have you ever heard of a Chinese knock off for this particular lens? Further to this have you ever heard of a 500 CM Chinese knock off? The seller seems to have a 100% positive feedback and will accept returns if the item is exactly what he says it is . Any help or advice in buying my 1st Hasselblad system is truly appreciated.<br>

Thanks</p><div>00dDN6-556033584.JPG.476d7317f5815797b221ec2b672d101d.JPG</div>

<p>Russell,</p>

<p>I would find that to be incredibly inaccurate to have a knockoff created just for the purpose to sell. Not to say it can't happen, but how about providing a link to that auction? Are you maybe reading into the location of the seller to have arrived at that assumption?</p>

<p>When most film based photographers here in the US was dumping their Medium Format system, many sellers from overseas had a yearning for the very best quality product available. Film is still available there along with processing. In fact there is a dedicated website just for lens hacking for film and digital based photography. Please point us to that auction if you want some help here in deciding if its a bogus item or not. If you still feel that way, I would suggest buying from Keh Camera.</p>

<p>What's the price for the lens. I have seen beat up used 150mm CF's go for about $200. In really good shape probably approaching $400+. As the previous response indicated, check KEH - it will at least give you a price comparison. </p>

<p>A very nice lens! Kinda long and heavy but worth it if you can find a decent one at or under $350 or so. Pristine would probably be more.</p>

<p>Also be sure you are paying CF prices for a CF lens. I could see someone charing CF prices for a C version of the lens.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Its a 150 mm F4. It looks to be incredible shape. Have you ever heard of a Chinese knock off for this particular lens? Further to this have you ever heard of a 500 CM Chinese knock off?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No - so I think you are safe from that concern. </p>

Robin Smith