slr35.com for camera repair.

kc_madsen

<p>Never heard of him, however, his repair / overhaul prices seem to currently be right in line with other shops. Hopefully someone will chime in here with real info about him. Definitely do get your AE-1 repaired "somewhere" though; these are really great cameras. (In fact one of the most popular camera models of all time.) I purchased one when they first came out in 1978 and a year later the ASA operating "string" inside broke. I got that repaired (just out of warranty, ugh) and the camera is still working fine today. I did get it a CLA several years back for $100. $100 well spent; you have to realize that a CLA that costs about as much as what a camera is worth is OK if you want to continue to use the camera for many years to come. And the Canon FD lenses are really good lenses, too. They tend to require little in the way of long term maintenance. Most all of my 1980's lenses have no appreciable haze or other issues EXCEPT the normal deterioration of the substandard lens hood retention tabs, which have turned to mush over the years. But I never, ever have used hoods anyway, so no big deal.</p>
"My film died of exposure."

• 3 weeks later...
<p>I have heard of him. I bought my AE-1P and a 50mm lens from him. The lens was perfect and the price was good. When I got the camera there was a problem with film advance lever, so I sent it back to him, and he fixed. He did it for free because he sold me the camera with a 6 month warranty. According to his site, all repairs come with a 6 month warranty. I have had my camera that I bought from him 8 years ago, and it is still working great. Never had any problems after the first issue that got repaired.</p>