Lost the battery cover for my m6 arg! Solutions?

<p>Hi all,<br>

I lost the battery cover for my M6 at a fair today, anyone have a good solution to getting a new cover or covering in a fairly permanent way? There are none on ebay at the moment…<br>

I shoot all the time with this camera it's not a perfect body by any stretch, I don't want to stop shooting or screw it up by leaving an opening hole in the body. I do use the meter in challenging lighting but haven't bothered with it for six months, so I can wait till one comes up but want some good fix now.<br>

Thanks, and happy 4th!</p>

You may want to tape over the replacement once you get it. I've had a few of these pop off. The plastic ones are poorly designed for such a nice camera. I think my TTL has a threaded cap, which is better.

<p>There was a nice third party threaded cap with a slot for a coin.<br /> Don't know where one could get one. It seems to be safer than the original. I rather had the problem that the cap did not come off easily, as I used to tighten it with a piece of leather providing more torque than the bare finger.<br /> I had to employ pliers more than once, which is whacky and bad for cosmetics. These caps are notorious for unscrewing too easily or being too tight to remove. Maybe one day I will drill two opposite holes into it for a custom wrench.</p>

<i>"The M6 cap is threaded too."</i><p>

Greg, my M6TTL cap is threaded. The M6 classic cap was not. I didn't see where the OP mentioned which M6 he had, so I mentioned that he might want to tape over it.