Nikon D810 - Minor issue

erik_christensen3

<p>I am coming from D700 (still have it) to D810 and note, that when I display a photo on the LCD and after x seconds it is switch off, and and then want to display it again, I have to press the shutter button half, as otherwise I can display/use the LCD screen again. I cannot find any settings to avoid this - is it possible?</p>

<p>Erik, are you saying that the [>] Play button won't display an image again until you've given the shutter button a half-press? - That sounds like unusual behaviour.</p>

<p>The play or review button should be active <em>until</em> the shutter button is depressed, and you ought to be able to review an image whenever the play button is pressed. I can't see any menu option that overrides that.</p>

<p>If I'm misunderstanding your question, then as the previous poster says, you can alter the review time from menu option C4.</p>

<p>Thanks for your comments - Rodeo Joe you have understood the questions correct (sorry for my bad English). I had also been through what I through all items in the menu - I think, for what reason I asked here. I will have to contact Nikon Service Center in Ho Chi Minh City to see, if they have a solution to it.<br>

Happy New Year to all members of PN.</p>

<p>Maybe the firmware glitched? Try loading the latest firmware or reloading the firmware if that's possible.<br /><br />The playback button works after you do a half-press on the shutter. One would think that eliminates any mechanical problem with the switch.</p>

<p>Does the playback button work if you wake-up the camera by doing something else like nudging the power switch to the Lights On position?<br /><br />Please do let us know what happens. Thanks.</p>

<p>Sorry for my late reply - I have been on my monthly photo trip -:)<br>

I can confirm it must have been a firmware issue, as a reinstallation of the software solved the 'problem'.<br>

I am happy that it was only a minor issue. It is not functioning exactly in the same manner as my D700.<br>

Thank you for your assistance.</p>

<p>Interesting. I was going to say this was definitely not the right behavior. I am a bit surprised that reinstalling the software/firmware inside the D810 would fix the problem. Typically software bugs are not like that and are not fixed this way.</p>

<p>Thanks for the update.</p>

<p>Sorry I could have missed one piece of information, which I overlooked, and which has caused me problems on my D700.<br>

I had an external GPS attached to the 10-pin plug and when I re-installed the same original software I left the GPS attached - by an oversight, which may be the reason for the failure on the D810!<br>

This is a cheap Chinese GPS, whereas the one, which gave me problems was a USD 290 unit, which I used on both my D700 and D300. The GPS data were excellent, but after a half day's connection the LCD screen was black when trying to see the menu or display a photo. <br>

I am positive it has had something to do with the 10-pin plug, but now I am a happy man again -:)</p>