Site(s) like Zoom.it?

david_r._edan

<p>I hope this is the right forum to post this...<br>

<br />Hi. <br>

A few years back I stumbled across Zoom.it. I kinda liked the gimmick and I bookmarked the site, just in case.<br>

I've had a dedicated site to showcase my work for a long time but now I would like to share a few hi-res images among friends and family, mainly as a gimmick. The platform that was employed at Zoom.it is exactly what I need. Unfortunately, Zoom.it is not longer functional. Maybe it's a matter of time before they're up and running again but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.<br>

So, what else is out there? A not so extensive search on google yielded nothing. If you've ever visited Zoom.it, you know what I'm looking for. Upload a hi-res photo and display it using a cool engine. At this point I would actually pay a reasonable amount of money for a subscription, so the other site doesn't have to be free.<br>

Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>No, nothing of the sort. The images I want to share range from about 100 to 400 MP. If there's a size limitation of let's say 200MP, then I can downscale. A 200MP limit would not be a deal breaker<br /> What I liked about Zoom.it was a slick and simple interface, a responsive engine and a near full-screen, ad-free window, as far as I remember. Something like that would be great.</p>

<p>Thank you, Peter. I was aware of Zoomify before creating this thread. However, at the time that I looked at it, I didn't give it much consideration, mainly because of some mumbo-jumbo about coding and also that god-awful picture they showcase on their home page. Now, wanting to see their actual product at work, I ran a quick search and this is what I came up with. Take a look. Just click the "full screen" button:<br>

http://www.panorama-factory.ch/_English/e_Galleries_GigaPano/e_503_Guetsch_2009/Luzern_vom_Guetsch.html<br>

Looks fantastic, especially on my 27", 2560X1440 panel.<br>

Now take a look at this:<br>

http://zoomify.com/compare.htm<br>

This looks horrible. I got a headache after just 3 minutes of trying to make sense of it.<br>

I'm supposed to have a website to host the photos, then I'm supposed to do some coding but before all that I actually have to pay them? Like I said before, I need it just for the gimmick, I'm not gonna make any money off of it. This is over my head. I don't mind shelling out a few bucks as long as I don't have to also put in hours of my time. Plus my website is at Photoshelter. I wouldn't know how to even approach this thing.</p>

<p>Thank you, Jeremy. They do provide some slick-looking themes, however, I wasn't able to see one blog that showcased high-resolution photos. The whole idea behind sites like Zoom.it or Zoomify is to provide a full-screen or near full-screen experience of endless zooming in. Maybe at Weebly they do host pictures of 200 and 300 MP. And maybe they do provide a proper navigation platform for displaying such images.<br /> Does anyone know a blog at Weebly, with huge panoramas? If yes, do post a link. I'd love to see what something like that looks like w/o first signing up and possibly wasting hours of my time.</p>