E**y seller attitude

<p>Almost every time I have had this kind of response it has been a case of a misuse of someone elses account. Few times after purchase they ask to pay to another paypal account instead of the one mentioned in the ebay payment system...at that point few good questions about why and they usually cancel the sales. There are all kinds of people there just like in the real world.... every action always has a risk. Also if the camera is something I really really want... I don't care about the sellers attitude, only that I get the item that I paid for.</p>

<p>I have bought some eBay items from the local goodwill store, not always accurate, but they are good at taking them back. (Or just refunding.) Often lenses are marked with the filter diameter instead of focal length. A little strange when they do them so often, but it seems to occur. Most often you can tell from the pictures.<br>

It seems hard to say which lenses are "legendary". But if they get obvious facts wrong (such as focal length) that isn't good.</p>

-- glen

<p>I've stopped getting my panties in a twist over eBay seller antics a long time ago. And yes, I've been buying <em>and selling</em> on eBay since Christmas Day, 1997.</p>

<p>Sometimes, if a seller has made an impossibly egregious statement, I might send a correction. Might. More often, I won't bother. I've got to be in a particularly helpful, charitable mood to do so. More typically, if it looks like an honest mistake by a less than informed seller, I'll send a note, usually with an opening sentence that reads something like, "Just so's you know, but . . . " In other words, I'm supplying the info to the seller with the intention of providing a clarification, and not demanding anything.</p>

<p>For example, just the other day, I spotted an ad for a Zeiss Super Ikonta BX, where the seller listed it as a Zeiss Super Ikonta 35mm camera. I wrote him, and told him "Just so's you know, but no Zeiss Super Ikonta has ever been a 35mm camera. All Zeiss Super Ikontas use Medium format film, format 120 or 220." I also went on to tell him a little bit about his camera, specifically, since you could tell he didn't know anything about it. Something he wound up with as part of an estate sale, iirc. And that was basically the gist of it. I received a thankful reply from the seller.</p>

<p>You cannot police eBay. It's pointless. Hell, even eBay cannot police eBay. Just move on. You've done your good deed, so just make a personal vow to yourself that you'll never be so misleading when you sell an item on eBay, and move on.</p>

<p> </p>