need help to debug iPhone development app

todd_b1

<p>Hi,<br /><br />I have a development timer app for iOS on the App Store, it has been there for some time (it's free). I just released a completely new version and, unfortunately, am hearing from a lot of people that the app crashes when they first open it. I can't reproduce this, I have really tried.<br>

I'm hoping to find someone to help debug. It would involve some back-and-forth to try new versions and send some files from the iPhone. It's a little bit of a pain.<br>

If interested please let me know, I'd really appreciate it and you would be helping a broader user community. The only prerequisite is that the app crashes for you when you try to install it!<br /><br />If interested this is the link to download it on the App Store. Normally I hope there is no problem, but in this case I hope it crashes for you so I can fix it for others.<br /><br /><a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/develop!-film-development/id568421864?mt=8" target="_blank">https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deve...568421864?mt=8</a><br /><br />Todd</p>

<p>Hi Todd, thanks for the app.<br /> I have just downloaded it, looks like it works on mi phone. I`ll try it on my next session.<br /> At first, it got hanged during the voice test, I had to restart the app; in a second chance I was not able to know if it worked or not, no feedback from the app.<br /> I love the possibility of adding new tasks, hope other apps will do... looks like complex processing procedures are not in the majority of designer`s heads. Also, I like not to have one million recipes on a downloaded database for film&developer combos I`ll never use. I`m pleased.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Yours looks like a very good application, thank you!<br>

You are fortunate, because my phone got hung too.<br>

My phone is an iPhone 4 (not "s") 32GB, IOS 7.1.2 (11D257), hardware model 3,1. I installed the app, made a quick test and seemed to work ok. Then I tried to activate the voice control, the phone showed a black microphone figure and "Starting up..." message... and the app froze, just the app not the phone. I was not able to un-froze the app. Maybe I didn't try hard enough...<br>

I shot down the phone, then turned it on and restarted the app. The app started on the same screen as before, still showing "Starting up..." and the black mic, after a second, without any other action, the mic turned green and the screen showed the words "OK" "NEXT" etc. When I spoke the words they were recognized swiftly. The app seems to work ok now.<br>

I looked into the Diagnostics and Use log, but cannot identify any crash entry related to your app.<br>

I hope this helps.<br>

MP</p>

<p>Many thanks Marcelo, this is great! Can I ask a follow-up question? If you delete the app and then install it again does it still hang when activating voice control (i.e. can it be reproduced)? I am tracking down a physical iPhone 4 (my son has one), in theory there shouldn't be a problem. Thank you very much for the detailed information, I am working to emulate the exact build and hardware. THANK YOU.</p>

<p>Hi Todd, frustrating, yes.<br>

Remember that the app was already working before the deletion and reinstallation. If you just delete the app while frozen it's a different situation and may not work the same way. <br>

Regards,<br>

Marcelo</p>

• 1 month later...

<p> I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Yes I was one of those that the APP was crashing upon start. the only way to fix it was to delete and reinstall which then in turn had the side effect of having to retype all the recipes. Please note that this was happening to me after I upgrade to iPhone 5 , but never happened on the 4. Since then I upgraded to your newest download and it is now working great so far. Hope it stays that way. great app. I can't do without now... I became dependent.<br>

cheers.</p>

<p>Many thanks, Luis, great to hear! I'm glad you got it working in the end. I never was able to determine why some people were having problems. :(. I am finishing a new version that cleans up some things and adds a "darkroom mode" (I don't know if you are doing any printing). If you would be willing to play with new versions before they make it into the store just let me know and I can add you as a tester.<br>

Next up is a way to do backup, to prevent exactly what you ran into. If you get the chance could you send me a message? I am thinking either iCloud, Dropbox, or simple email. Would any of these work for you? Any other ideas?</p>

<p>Todd</p>

<p> </p>