Beseler 23c

n._reese

As with most enlargers, if the image formed on the baseboard is not large enough, the enlarger head can be turned at a right angle to project an even larger image on the wall. When my dad wanted to make larger prints than baseboard allowed he would rotate the head to project the image on the floor. I have a 23C and I think it can go to 16x20 if you don't crop and use the correct lens for the format in use.

Ok great thank you! Also, since you have a 23c, I must ask, I heard there has been alignment issues with them somehow,

have you stumbled across those issues? If so, how do you fix them? I am interested in buying one in my area and am

trying to figure out if it would be best for me. And is it a trusty over-all enlarger? Thanks :)

<p>I haven't had alignment issues, but I have a 23CIII that I bought new (before enlargers were easy and cheap to find). Overall, they're usually very solid and reliable - it's only going to depend on how much it was used. Some parts will likely wear more with higher use and therefore be more likely to slip a little. They're commonly used in school darkrooms and can stand up to that. I'm pretty sure freestylephoto.biz sells an alignment tool and I think you can find instructions online for DIY ways, too. <br>

I think all 23Cs (I - III, etc..) can do up to 11x14 on the baseboard and larger if you tilt it and project onto a wall. There may be ways to attach the supports to a desk in such a way that the easel can be lowered - this would let you print larger without tilting it, you'd just be dropping the easel lower instead. </p>

<p>Never had alignment issues. Mine is a reliable workhorse. If you are primarily doing 35mm you will like the negatrans accessory that lets you feed a strip or even a whole roll of 35mm into the carrier and advance frames by turning a knob. Mine has been in service since around 1973.</p>

• 1 month later...