A Trail-Blazer from Olympus

Just acquired an earlier version of this model labled Olympus EE although the case is labled "Auto Eye." There is one significant difference in that the lens barrel has a shutter speed ring with speeds offered from 1 sec to 500 sec and B. My example has a dead selenium meter so the auto function does not work, leaving only manual settings. On mine it does involve readjusting the film speed ring when I want to use slow speeds, a bit inconvenient but overall all manual speeds work except B. Another difference is that the lens is labled 1: 2.3 instead of the later version Rick has. Of couse mine also has a grey covering.

OLY-Auto-Eye1.jpg.1bc7925a17b9b1a3c2f592ff171646ab.jpg

OLY-Auto-Eye2.jpg.18d4c5bda4f864dde197569a2eead8c1.jpg

OLY-Auto-Eye4.jpg.36e7e7f0a9b48b1c047b996035134575.jpg

OLY-Auto-Eye3.jpg.5dd13b673d798bcb4b6153fa73ba0d9c.jpg

Dan Deary

In doing more research on the interweb I would surmise that there are multiple versions of this camera, at least three, probably more. Another difference I noticed late was that in my version I have a single viewfinder window with rangefinder. Ricks version looks like it has second rangefinder window. I am convinced I have one of the very earliest versions. It looks like the Olympus engineers were constantly tweaking this camera in its brief run from 1960-1963.
Dan Deary