My small camera collection

<p>I just wanted to list the cameras in my collection. This is a list of the SLR and viewfinder cameras. Any questions I'll try to answer. Commits positive or negative are also welcome. Total investment $38.10. When collecting cameras we collect whatever captures our eye(-:<br>

SLR's<br>

1963 Minolta SR-1, 1968 Minolta SRT 101 (black knob), 1975 Minolta SR 101 (SRT-201) 1977 Minolta SRT-SCII, 80's or 90's Minolta X9, and late 70s Pentax K1000.<br>

Viewfinders<br>

1961 Agfa Ambi Silette, 1954 Ansco Memar (Agfa Silette type 1), and 1959 Graflex Century 35A.</p>

<p>Steve Lewis: The Agfa Ambi Silette and the Minolta X9 do not work. All the others work great. The Ambi cost me a $5.00 shipping charge and the X9 was $3.00 at a thrift store. The only cameras I paid any money for that do work is the Minolta SRT 101 $12.00 shipping included. I paid $18.10 for the Minolta SR 101 (SRT 201) shipping included. These are all my free ones and they all work great. Minolta SRT-SCII with original case a Rokkor 50mm f2.0 lens and a Celtic 35mm f2.8. Minolta SR-1 with a Rokkor 55mm f1.8. Pentax K1000 with SMC 50mm 2.0 and a Albinar 80-200 zoom lens. Ansco Memar with original case. Graflex Century 35A with original case.</p>

<p>An excellent basic collection, <strong>Dennis</strong>, especially for the costs involved. It sure takes me back a few years, when it could have been me making a similar list. Now, several hundred cameras later, it all gets so complicated. (Sigh...) It's a shame the Ambi Silette is on the sick list, as they really are very high-quality cameras and great to use.</p>

<p>I tried to look up prices for your collection new. I had to approximate some prices because of offerings in kits, body+lens, etc., but new prices for your assemblage would have been around US$1000-1200 - with no correction for inflation. With inflation taken into account, the total in today's scrip would be much more. That's not bad for $38.10, but does illustrate why most cameras are not a fruitful edge against inflation. ;)</p>

<p>I think the smart way to go is to concentrate on particular lines of cameras, at least at any one time. Although the last couple of years have seen some stabilization, with the vast majority of old cameras you can bet that ten years from now, your old cameras will very likely not be worth more than you paid for them. Camera collection is for fun, not profit.</p>

<p>BTW, I tried to add:<br>

Congratulations or sympathy for your fascination with these old machines.<br>

This is a lot more affordable and practical than collecting, say, WWII armored vehicles or airplanes. :)</p>

Nice collection. Be sure and give them lots of "exercise". The Minolta X9 was one of the last manual focus Minoltas and as with many cameras of that vintage the electronics likely haven't aged well. Any of the SRT's are especially nice (as is the Pentax K1000) since the battery is only needed for metering.

I envy you that you have a few very competent cameras. I have the addiction that every time I see one on ebay I have to

buy it. (Now I am purchasing a старт being Inspired by JDM) I feel like Steve Martin in the jerk every one I pick off my

shelf is my favorite and I will never be able to afford film and processing for all of them or learn to use them all well. I

would be better off with a few cameras like you.