Problem at the 36th exposure with a F3

Didier Lamy

• 1 month later...

<p>So you had to pull the film by hand from the lever axis, while Rolling it tight enough to get inside the canister, without damaging it, and everything inside a changing bag...<br>

Quite a bitter experience indeed..<br>

And quite a tough choice: Without a changing bag and the canister, one has to choose between discarding the film, or stopping taking photos.</p>

<p>I think only one time I ever had the film come off the spool at the end. It was taped with 1/4 inch masking tape, and it seems not stuck enough. <br>

Otherwise, tape it back on in the changing back (or dark closet) then rewind the usual way.<br>

It does remind me of stories of the Nikon F motor drive, strong enough to smash the spool and drag the pieces through the rest of the camera. Probably better to have weaker tape than spool.</p>

-- glen

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Diddler, all you do is put the camera and the black opaque plastic film tub in the changing bag before you zip it up, put your arms into the changing bag open the camera and remove the film after pressing the rewind button pull out the film rolling it up tightly as you do then put it in the film tub. I used to be a professional and had to come back with pictures not excuses so even though I'm now retired I never go out without a small changing bag in my camera bag.</p>