Received my serviced D750 today

Barry Clemmons Photography

<p>I sent my D750 to Nikon when the service advisory first came out (Shun is now rolling his eyes). :) The service was very quick and I would have had it back in seven business days (that includes shipping time both ways) if not for the snow in the northeast and the fact that someone at Nikon transposed my address which added three days. I was somewhat intrigued by all the items performed during the service. Here is what was listed on the Invoice Repair sheet:<br>

Replace Front Body<br>

Replace Rubber Grip<br>

Replace Rewind Side Rubber<br>

Replace CF Cardholder Rubber (Not sure why it says CF)<br>

Adjust Auto Focus Operation<br>

Checked Communication<br>

Firmware Upgrade<br>

Clean CCD<br>

General Check & Clean<br>

I must say that it looked as good as the day I originally received it. I also checked the shutter count and found that it was 185 higher than when I sent it in. I also found that most menu items had been reset to factory, which I somewhat expected. I haven't had time to run a complete check yet but did confirm that the focus is fast as before. I know that many of you have said you would not send your D750 in unless you were experiencing an issue, but I have had very good luck with Nikon servicing the few times I have had to send a body or lens in. Plus I knew that I would not be shooting with the D750 for a couple of weeks and it was a good time to send it in. Just wondering if anyone thinks the above listed service items are in line with servicing the flare issue.</p>

<p>Shun, unfortunately I don't have that. I haven't experienced the flare issue since I try to not shoot directly into a light source if I can avoid it. I have tried to create the flare issue tonight by using Liveview and putting a light source near the top left, but so far do not see any of the flare effects described by others. I sent my D750 in since the serial number was in the group affected according to Nikon. I agree that it is risky anytime you send a body in, but as I pointed out I have always had good luck with Nikon service in the past. I knew they would do a complete cleaning of the camera body and sensor as well as check AF performance, so I looked at it as a chance for a free complete service of the body. I was surprised that they replaced all of the exterior rubber. I guess that was necessary if they had to completely disassemble the camera. Only downside is that now the rubber on my battery grip looks old. :)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I sent my D750 in since the serial number was in the group affected according to Nikon.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The problem is that Nikon doesn't know which D750 is affected. Therefore, for example, in the US, every D750 with the serial number smaller than 3026253 is included in the recall. As far as I know that is every single one sold in the US so far: http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00d3cZ</p>

<p>While I am glad that a couple members here have gotten their D750 back from Nikon in great condition, I still see absolutely no reason why I should send mine in for repair. It ain't broke.</p>

<p>The "left side" of a camera depends on whether you are looking at it from the photographer's point of view or the subject's point of view. The "driver's side" of an automobile depends on whether you are in the UK, Australia, France, US ....</p>

<p>However, the rewind side of a Nikon SLR is quite clear for anybody born before 1980. :-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>However, the rewind side of a Nikon SLR is quite clear for anybody born before 1980. :-)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>And for those lesser beings born after that? Those poor people who were limited to 36 shots at a time?</p>

<p>Shun, I think the surgeons got over this who's left and who's right problem a while ago...usually..:-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>the photographer's point of view</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'm guessing a right handed photographer grasps the right hand side of the camera...as does a left handed photographer with their right hand!</p>

<p>Some terms never die:<br>

We all still say "dial a phone" or "dial a number."<br>

Even those of us who no longer wear a wrist watch, tap our wrists when inquiring about the time!<br>

Every adult I know still says choo-choo when talking to little kids about a train!<br>

Diesel drivers (of which I'm one) often use the term gas.<br>

So yeah, CF card, rewind side, etc. are OK. :)</p>