Commiserate with me...

fotolopithecus

My current plan is to wait for a Nikon in the full frame 800 series with 4k video, if i have to wait 2 years i will wait, and use

my current gear with lots of pleasure. Maybe it will be D850 or something like that, and 50MP would be appreciated as

well. My current camera's are also 800 series, and the images from these camera's are very good.

I do not know of anyvrumours that a Nikon with afore mentioned specs is currently in design or planning, we will see

when it is there. Merry Christmas to all in advance.

<p>Mag: I sympathise. But presumably Nikon feel they'll sell more D610s than "D400s" at roughly the same price point. Or at least that they'd rather people spent money on FX lenses than DX ones (not least because Nikon don't make all the DX lenses people want, so a lot buy third party options).<br />

<br />

Mike: I'd quite like 4K, but there's always a GH4. I'm not sure it's a must-have in a DSLR body, but I do think Canikon are going to have to play catch-up soon on that. As for 50MP, I wouldn't want to downgrade to 24MP from my D800e, but I'm also not that fussed about going much higher - it's going to be extremely demanding on lenses and technique, to make the most of that without being diffraction limited and still having a useful focal plane. I'm not saying it's impossible - medium format cameras clearly cope, and the pixel density is only that of the current DX bodies - but there really aren't that many applications that need much more. I wouldn't mind if Nikon made a sensor with a 24MP central DX crop and a D7000-density surrounding area, though, so the camera in DX mode matched the current DX bodies. Still, technology moves on, and over-sampling is generally beneficial - I just hope the dynamic range can be maintained. Running PRIME noise reduction on 50MP is going to hurt, though.</p>

<blockquote>What's Pentax up to lately?</blockquote>

<p>Not a whole lot. The K3 will do 8.3fps with a 24MP sensor, so long as 27AF points (not that dpreview seem to like their performance) will cut it for you. The buffer does appear to be a lot better than the D7100's, though. The latest 645 gives you 50MP, but not exactly quickly. The K-S1 is cut down and has pointless LEDs on it. The K3 is worth considering if you want buffer above all else, but the other specs didn't make me think that many D7100 shooters would be that tempted. Not being a D7100 shooter myself, I could be wrong, of course. (My only Pentax is a 645, but a film one.)</p>