em5 question

lisa_lowden

<p>hello. just got an awesome em5. I do have one question though. is it true that live view is not the default but the super control panel is when you take the unit out of the box and power it up for the first time? this canera will keep me busy all my life with all the settings it has. thanks...l</p>

Glad you found your answer. Here is a good guide to help you set up your EM-5 and get the most out of it.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9115179666/user-guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-olympus-e-m5

In general, setting the Super Control Panel as your default (which it is not out of the box) is usually the best way to go. In addition, firmware 2.0 added the smaller AF points as an option (which I prefer), so I would recommend upgrading the firmware if the camera is not currently running 2.0.

Enjoy your EM-5

<p>hello. thanks for reply. everytime I reset camera to default settings, the scp shows up and live view is no where to be found and I have a hell of a time to change settings so I can see a real time view on the 3 inch screen and that is the way it came brand new out of the box. lisa</p>

Pushing the Live View button on the right side of the viewfinder hump will enable Live View on the LCD screen. The Screen is also touch sensitive and can be set to enable AF and shutter or just AF. I use the EVF about 99% of the time but the touch sensitive LCD and live view does come in handy at times. I highly recommend reading the DP review guide as a basis for setting up an EM-5.